‘For me, the most significant thing about this book is that if you are someone who has experienced pregnancy and baby loss, you will know that you are not alone as you read the stories collected here.’ Jessica Hepburn, Author of The Pursuit of Motherhood and 21 Miles
Have you experienced a pregnancy loss? Have you lost a baby during pregnancy? If you have, I am so sorry for your loss and offer you a virtual hug.
The pain following baby loss, whether early or later in the pregnancy, is invisible to everyone else, which often results in you, the parents, and your family, not receiving the emotional support you deserve, all because society is uncomfortable talking about it.
This is Pregnancy and Baby Loss came about because, although my early pregnancy loss was several years ago, I still often think about my baby – what would they look like, sound like, what hobbies would they have, what would they like and dislike… this list is endless. Is this normal or just me? Should I talk about my pregnancy loss to friends I have met since? If you’re wondering, the answer to both questions is yes, and it’s OK! I want to let others who’ve experienced loss in pregnancy know that they aren’t alone, that there are others who want to support them through this traumatic time.
In this book, you can read short stories and real-life experiences from the baby loss community; women and men who know what it’s like to have their dreams and life plans snatched away from them. They understand your pain, anger, sadness, and grief, so they share:
• That it wasn’t your fault
• It’s normal to grieve and it’s OK; don’t let anyone tell you otherwise
• That loss is loss, and your loss is the same as any other loss
• We all encounter unhelpful, insensitive comments – and some tips for how to deal with them
• That men suffer too but it may look different
• All your feelings are valid
• Even though all our stories are unique, the emotions we experience are the same and you are normal for having these feelings.
Shockingly, you’ll read in this book that some women were treated very insensitively by the professionals who should be more empathetic and understanding at such a devastating time. Thankfully, this isn’t always the case, but because it does happen, This is Pregnancy and Baby Loss has also been written for:
• Patient facing staff who have never personally experienced pregnancy loss or baby loss
• Practitioners who are supporting the baby loss community, and
• Health care professionals who are caring for men and women who are dealing with loss at any stage during their pregnancy.
The baby loss community is here for you, offering love, support and understanding on every page.
Consider gifting a copy of this book to family and friends to help them understand what you’ve been, or are, going through.
Please feel free to click on the ‘Look Inside’ feature to preview the book before you buy, or click the ‘Buy Now’ button above. (For every sale, a small donation is made to a baby loss charity in the country the sale was made in. That way, we are all helping others).